Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole
This is a fast and easy recipe that takes very little effort to make and the kids will love every tater tot bite!
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10.5 ounces cream of broccoli and cheese soup 1 can (or other creamed soup)
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½-2 cups frozen vegetables or fresh, diced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds tater tots
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9X13 casserole dish with butter.
In a frying pan cook onions for 5 min until soft and then brown the ground beef. Drain liquid from pan over sink.
Then mix together soup, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, ½ cup of cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix in the ground beef and onion mixture into the soup and cheese mixture.
Pour the entire mixture into a casserole dish and spread out evenly. Add tater tots on top and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of the cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is melting.